This week in class we talked about religion and how people do religion in today's world. With today's people and religion we talked about how religion varies or varied religion. We discussed the different types of varied religion. One of these types is the belonging but not believing group. This group of people belong to a church for whatever reason it is, but that reason is not because they believe in the religion. Some people belong to the church and don't believe to keep the pressure off from family while others do it to to look good to everyone else. The next group is the group of people that try out a bunch of different religions till they found the one that fits them the best. I believe we referred to this group as the spiritual shoppers. They go around to different religions until they find the one that best fits them and that's the one they go with. The last group we talked about is the believers who don't belong. This group of people are the ones that believe in a religion but don't belong to any specific church. Learning about these different varied religions is very interesting to me as I never knew all these were out there. I always thought there were people who were religious and believed and then there where those that didn't. I never knew that there were different categories for them until we talked about them the other day in class. As for me I am very religious and also belong to a church so I really don't fall into either of the categories that we talked about in class.
I love the picture posted below or the back or our US money. I think more people need to focus their lives on what this country was started on. Clearly those who started this country and gave so much up for it thought that it was important enough to put on our Federal currency that it is very important. I know that there are people that are currently trying to change our money and take it off there but I believe that with it being there from the beginning and those who started the country believed in it I believe that it is important and needs to stay. It also shows that there was a lot of religion here years ago and that there wasn't any tried religions. Back then almost everyone believed in a religion and went to church. There weren't any sub groups like we discussed in class and I discussed above.
No comments:
Post a Comment